Friday, May 31, 2013

Review: Shiseido Tsubaki Head Spa Range

I realised that I haven't been reviewing about my favourite shampoo of all times.
Tsubaki, pronounced as TSOO-bah-ki, also means Camellia in Japanese, and we all know how well Camellia treats hair:

  • Softer and more manageable hair
  • Restoring hair's natural sheen
  • Helping hair retain moisture
  • Forming a silky barrier against environmental pollutants
  • Repairing breakage and split ends
  • Treating dry scalp and itchiness
  • Preventing dandruff
  • Treating damage from perms and coloring





Have been using the Shiseido Tsubaki range of shampoos since my first visit to Japan in 2009.
You know, they have toiletries provided in almost all stays in Japan, and I was sooooo amazed with the range they had at the hotels I stayed at. 
They were mostly poured and dispensed with those stuck on the walls dispensers, and were mostly by Japanese brands - Shiseido and/or Kose.
Those they were considered as "common" toiletries, they were so darn good.
My hair instantly fizzed out after 1 wash, and my skin felt smooth due to the milk content in their body wash.
I was sold!
Thus, I packed the entire range - shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, hair spray, into my extremely small luggage and flew them back to Singers.
I figured that I needed the white range (also known as the Shiseido Tsubaki Damage Care range), more than the red one (Shiseido Tsubaki Shining range).
It was super good!
And I have been using it until 2 years back, I've made a switch to the Head Spa range.



I first laid eyes on the advertisement outside a Sa Sa shop in ShaTin Shopping Centre.
The packaging was of a brilliant gold hue and I fell for it!
Heh, in the end I lugged back the entire set from Hong Kong and started using it.
The Head Spa range contains 4 products that include Head Spa Extra Cleansing, Head Spa Shampoo, Head Spa Conditioner and Head Spa Mask. 



Tsubaki Head Spa meant to provide a relaxing experience like in a spa salon, allowing us, women, to care for their scalp to achieve shiny and healthy hair at the comfort of their home.
After the first wash, I really feel quite a spa-sation. 
I kinda like the cooling menthol sensation on the scalp. 
It's really refreshing and makes my head feel lightweight.
I feel totally loved after shampooing, just like walking out of a spa.

The wanderlustie loves the conditioner too.
According to him, he likes that it's not overly fragrant (it does have a very warm, light scent), and it really keeps his hair soft and manageable.



Next is the Head Spa Extra Cleansing Shampoo with Essential Oil.
This shampoo is a deep cleansing hair product that helps to remove buildup of styling products. It can remove dirt, excess sebum and residual in order to keep the healthiness of your scalp. Contains extract of Camellia and Oleic Acids for light moisturizing.
I like using this shampoo once a week to thoroughly clean my sculp.
My mane will feel extra luxurious after this once-a-week wash.

Do get your favourite range to try now!

Available: All major pharmacies, $19.90 for shampoo and conditioner. $15.90 for Extra Cleansing.

Volume: 550 ml for shampoo and conditioner. 280 ml for Extra Cleansing.

Star Properties: With Natural Essential Oil.

Packaging
It comes in a pump bottle that is ergonomically designed so you can wrap your hand nicely around the slimmer waist and grab it well.

For more information about Shiseido:
www.shiseido.co.jp

No comments:

Post a Comment