Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Beauty Review: ZA True White Foundation

Happened to walk by Watsons when I saw that they were having 20% off storewide, and thus I went in to have a look.
Popped by the cosmetics counters and I saw this awesome offer for the new ZA True White 2-Way Foundation.
I was complaining about the lack of coverage from my BB creams (it's always good to change your foundations every now and then so that it isn't used to it, haha!).
Having previously use the old True White Foundation, I decided to give this a try.


I've picked up the darkest shade available - 32, and happily brought it home to test.
It was slightly scented and the powder was extremely fine.
As I prefer to sweep the powder over using the dry method, it settled down very nicely on my face, covering every single pore and bump/redness.
In fact, it was very much better than the previous one.

Then came the next day when I was walking home, Watsons was having some clearance sale at the mall, and I picked up the concealer perfection!


It was quite timely as I had finished using the pale shade on my Sephora concealer palette, and it was quite a brilliant match for the newly acquired foundation.

So today I tried to be a ZA girl by having 75% of my face made up with ZA cosmetics.
After layering on the Clarins' Pore Minimiser, I had set a surface of sunblock/primer.
First up: Concealer Perfection


This little tube works very well in covering my heavy eyebags, but somehow, could not really touch up the redness.
But I didn't really want to go too heavy on it, cos I know the True White Foundation will work some miracles for me.
I've googled for some tips from the ZA Website on how to put on the Concealer Perfection perfectly.
And like what the tiny prints always say, never to slap on alot of concealer cos (in my opinion), will cake up and make everything very unnatural.
So just an appropriate amount of the concealer will do, and after that you are supposed to gradiate it.

Next, I'll use a dry sponge and pat some foundation on.


I have showed here the image of using wet sponge application.
Never tried it though.
I will normally try to stroke the puff upwards cos it do help in firming my face.
If you stroke/pat it downwards, your face may not look too radiant, or in fact, in long term, it may sag! *gasps*
Anyways, just try to do light strokes upwards, towards the ears area.
After doing an even layer, I'd take a little foundation and apply on my lips.
Yes, you've heard me right, lips.
This is a proven method to keep the lipstick/lipstain/lipgloss on.
I would also take it as a "dry-sunblocking" method for my lips when I do not have the intention of just applying spf-lipbalm.
After that, I will apply my all-time favourite product from ZA:


Yup, it's the Plumper Lips in Rose Vintage.
I was totally sold when I first saw the swatches at Watsons (yes, it's like my favourite drugstore).
Rose Vintage is an extremely nice colour.
Very nude-ish and suits my skin tone as well.
What I love best is that it is very moisturising and not sticky at all.
It has this "fill-up collagen" which replenishes the lips with rich moisture while "plump-up pearl", with its light-diffusing effect, makes the lips look incredibly moisturised, plump and smooth.
This description is from the website and I can find no better description than that.


I have also showed here, the image of how to plump up your lips every more (for party nights/dates).

With this, stay tuned for more posts on other beauty reviews, even other looks with me using drugstore brands =)

No comments:

Post a Comment