Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tsumori Chisato

The first fashion review has got to belong to my all-time favourite designer, Tsumori Chisato.
I first knew her when I was studying design and was peeking through various websites when I came across her name.
I remembered during an entrance interview, I had to name 3 of my favourite designers, and the first one came Tsumori Chisato, then her mentor - Issey Miyake, and Andy Warhol came last.
However, I did not really know or had I intended to study her designs further.
Until I visited Japan, and through a very fashionable friend, I fell in love with her loud and extremely colourful bohemian cuteness prints.
The first item I had gotten from the Gotemba outlet was a very very pretty grey leather patented wallet.
It was shaped like a typical CDG wallet, though very plain, screamed subtle cuteness with pink stitchings along its sides.

The second item was another PRETTY wallet, this time around, from Hong Kong.
The boutiques can be found in IFC Mall, Silver Chord, I.T. and City Gate.



The wallet is black based, with gold glitters and it had stars and moon, very very pretty.
Somthing like this:




Alongside, the BF had gotten me a classic leather hobo handbag.
This bag was love at first side - the cat head zipper, the cutesy polka dotted inner lining, and the very lux felt-leather exterior.
I just knew I had to get this, the interior something similar to the photo:

And then the BF was feeling very generous, and I was feeling very pampered, he got me another slouchy hobo bag!
I was totally in heaven cos both bags are super pretty.
The satin was very soft and it had polka dots all over, with some dots randomly displayed as stars and cat faces.
Totally me, somthing like this, but of cos, bigger and slouchier:

And to celebrate the Copenhagen Fashion Week, Normann Copenhagen Flagship Store have been transformed into a Tsumori Chisato pop-up shop with the Spring/summer collection as well as several unique “not for sale” show pieces. They are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty!




All images are credited to Normann Copenhagen.

More images and catalogue can be found at Tsumori Chisato.

No comments:

Post a Comment